How Will An Attorney Help After A Denver Motorcycle Crash?
Motorcycle accidents in Denver often become very complex personal injury cases. One reason for this is that police officers, insurance carriers, and even personal injury juries often have a bias against motorcyclists. This can be a problem for a motorcyclist working to secure full compensation for their losses. However, a Denver motorcycle accident lawyer will be an advocate on behalf of the cyclist. An attorney can use their resources to handle every aspect of these cases.
In Denver, the role of a motorcycle accident lawyer will be to:
- Gather all evidence necessary to prove liability, including accident reports, statements from eyewitnesses, video or photo surveillance from the scene, etc.
- Ensure that their client is evaluated by a trusted medical professional who can treat their injuries and help calculate total expected losses.
- Enlist the assistance of economic and financial experts to properly calculate current and future expected losses.
- Handle all communication with other parties involved, including negotiations with insurance carriers or the other party’s legal team.
- Fully prepare to take the case to trial if necessary to ensure that the injured motorcyclist is treated fairly.
Most Common Causes Of Motorcycle Crashes In Denver?
Motorcycle collisions in Denver occur due to a wide variety of causes. Often, the motorcycle accident lawyers at the Bendinelli Law Firm discover that these incidents are caused by the careless or negligent actions of drivers in traditional passenger vehicles. Some of the most common causes of these collisions include drivers:
- Following motorcyclists too closely
- Recklessly passing motorcyclists
- Disregarding red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield the right of way to a motorcyclist
- Operating while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Operating while distracted by phones or other devices
In addition to Denver motorcycle accidents caused by the negligence of other drivers, we also know that motorcyclists are more susceptible to accidents caused by roadway hazards. These hazards can include the typical types of debris on the roadway, such as trees or animals. However, this also regularly includes hazards created by construction companies or government workers. This can include unfinished roadways, poorly finished roadways, unmarked detours, unmarked construction areas, roadway dips, and more.